Being a host family is to have a desire to share your time and interests with international students from all over the world and to welcome this unique unforgettable learning opportunity where your family will benefit and will be able to understand better the world and its people.
Being a Host Family is one of the most rewarding experiences in a life time for both the student and your family as well.
You and your family will learn about other cultures; you might end up learning a new language, what they like, what they eat, what is important to them, about their history, and something you will never regret, develop lifetime bonds with students from all over the world. Everybody will benefit from the visit of international students; your family, the school they participate and the communities they live in.
BECOMING A HOST FAMILY MADE SIMPLE
- Be welcoming and open your minds to new experiences
- Treat the student as a member of your family
- Be patience and supportive
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment for a student
- Provide a bedroom furnished with a bed, dresser, desk and closet space
- Provide three nutritious meals daily
- Set house rules same as you would do with your children
- Include your student in your family activities
- Engage the student in conversation to practice the language
- Exchange knowledge of the two cultures
- Keep the channels of communication open with Sun Tag staff in regards to any issues that might affect the student
Safety and security of our students is priority!
HOW TO APPLY?
Complete the on-line Host Family Application form and send it in. We will contact you and set up an interview.
A reply will be emailed to you confirming your suitability for our program.
Once you have been confirmed you must arrange to complete a criminal record check at your cost. Please ensure that this includes a vulnerable sector check as the students are under the age of majority (19 years) in British Columbia. A printable request form on our company letterhead will be forwarded to you to take to your local police department. Some police departments will not require this request form but will require our company name and address.
All Host Families must undergo a criminal record check for all members of the household over the age of 18.